Journal of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society Vol.25 No.6 (Dec.2014)
Research Ethics Committe Regulations
- Established on Dec. 10, 2008
- Art. 1 (Purpose)
- These regulations concern the composition and management of the Research Ethics Committee (hereinafter, “Committee”) for the prevention of research misconduct related to the academic activities, such as the publications and presentations, of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society (hereinafter, “Society”) and for the securing of research ethics.
- Art. 2 (Functions)
- ① The Committee shall consist of the chairman and four committee members.
- ② The chairman shall be a science member and vice president of the academic council, and the committee members shall be appointed by the president through an election among the Executive Board members.
- ③ The term of office of the chairman and the committee members shall be two years.
- Art. 3 (Functions) The duties of the Committee shall be as follows:
- 1) Establishment and promotion of research ethics;
- 2) Prevention of research misconduct;
- 3) Review of and decision-making on research misconduct;
- 4) Decision-making on sanctions against doers of misconduct and reporting of the results to the Executive Board; and
- 5) Handling of matters regarding the improvement and enhancement of other areas of research ethics.
- Art. 4 (Convocations and Decisions)
- ① The chairman shall call meetings of the Committee as needed and hold them with the majority of the current members in attendance, and shall set the meeting agenda with two-thirds of the current members.
- ② The set agenda shall be disclosed to the suspect (the party sued), and the suspect’s explanatory materials in writing shall be reviewed within 10 days.
- ③ The Committee shall examine the explanatory materials from the suspect or make a final decision on the matter by listening to the explanation of the suspect.
- ④ The Committee shall make a final decision by reporting the set agenda to the Executive Board.
- ⑤ The chairman can listen to the opinion of an outsider or a person other than a committee member in case he/she deems it necessary to do so.
- Art. 5 (Scope of Research Misconduct)
① “Research misconduct” refers to forgery, falsification, plagiarism or any unfair act such as displaying the name of an author of a dissertation, which was committed in a publication presented in a Society collection of dissertations and presentations at academic conferences, etc., such as the following.
- “Forgery” refers to the fraudulent use of non-existent data, research results, etc.
- “Falsification” refers to an act of distorting research contents or results by artificially manipulating the research materials/equipment/process or by arbitrarily transforming and deleting data.
- “Plagiarism” refers to the act of pirating other people’s ideas and research contents/results, etc. without their justifiable approval or citation.
- “Unfair act of not displaying the name of the author of a dissertation” refers to the non-disclosure of the qualifications of the author of a dissertation to a person who has made a scientific/technological contribution or donation in relation to the research content or results, without a just reason, or to the disclosure of the qualifications of the author of a dissertation to a person who has not made a scientific/technological contribution or donation, as a token of appreciation or out of courtesy.
- An act of deliberately obstructing the investigation of suspicions of the very person’s or other people’s misconduct or an act of harming an informer.
- Behavior that seriously deviates from the usually accepted scope in scientific and technological circles.
- ② The research institute can include the behavior that is deemed to require internal investigation or prevention among the acts of misconduct.
- Art. 6 (Reporting of and Notification on Research Misconduct)
- ① A report of research misconduct shall be made in writing with the attachment of the relevant materials pertaining to the five W’s and one H.
- ② The Committee is required to report the review results to the Executive Board within two months after its notification.
- ③ The Executive Board should notify the informer on and the doer of the misconduct of the review results within 10 days.
- ④ The results of review of the research misconduct must not be disclosed to the public before the final results are determined.
- Art. 7 (Sanctions on Research Misconduct)
- ① To an author whose research misconduct was confirmed, the following sanctions can be given in consideration of the gravity of his/her misconduct according to the decision of the Committee.
- 1) Cancellation of the printing of the relevant presentation and research in Society publications
- 2) Prohibition of submissions by the author to the Society journal for five years
- 3) Prohibition of the presentation of the relevant research at an academic conference for five years
- 4) Notification of the organization to which the doer of the misconduct belongs of the results of the review of the misconduct
- 5) Disqualification of the author from Society membership
- ② In case an informer deliberately makes a false report on research misconduct, the same level of sanctions can be imposed on him/her as on a doer of research misconduct according to the decision of the Committee.
Editorial Committee Operational Regulations
- Revised: Nov. 10, 1993
- Revised: Nov. 1, 1995
- Revised: Nov. 10, 2001
- Revised: May. 10, 2002
- Revised: Oct. 26, 2004
- Art. 1
- This regulation defines the operation of the Editorial Committee of the body corporate, the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society (hereinafter, “Committee”).
- Art. 2
- The Committee shall discuss matters on the editing of the journal, collection of dissertations and other publications of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society.
- Art. 3
- The Committee can set up an Editorial Steering Committee for the relevant publications according to the rules on the editing and publication of Society journals and collection of dissertations and other publications.
- Art. 4
- The Committee shall consist of a chairman and less than 40 members, and the chairman shall be the vice president (in charge of editing) of the Society.
- Art. 5
- The chairman of the Committee shall represent the Committee and, if needed, can convene the Committee, and shall handle everything involved in editing for the Society.
- Art. 6
- The term of office of a member of the Committee shall be two years: from January 1 of any given year to December 31 of the following year.
- Art. 7
- The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the president through the recommendation of the chairman of the Editorial Committee, and the editing director shall become an ex officio member of the Committee.
- Art. 8
- The decisions of the Committee shall be made by one-third of the current members of the Committee in attendance.
Submission Regulations: Journal of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society
- Art. 1
- This regulation defines matters related to submissions to the Society journal titled The Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society Collection of Dissertations.
- Art. 2
- In principle, the research papers to be submitted shall not have been presented in other collections of dissertations or to the public, and the contents of the paper shall be related to hydrogen and new energy, which have originality and data credibility.
- Art. 3
- In principle, research paper submissions are allowed for members to the Society. Nevertheless, for an essay written by more than one author, its lead author and corresponding author should be members of the Society. However, in the event that the head of the Editorial Committee approves the submission, the authors can also be non-members.
- Art. 4
- The date of the receipt of a research paper shall be the date of submission of the paper to the Society.
- Art. 5
- The submitted research paper shall be examined based on the separately defined paper examination regulations, and the decision on its printing in the collection of dissertations of the Society shall be made by the head of the Editorial Committee pursuant to the paper examination regulations of the Society.
- Art. 6
- In principle, for a paper that has been accepted for publication in the collection of dissertations of the Society, its author is required to proofread it at least two times, for which revision of the substance of the manuscript is not allowed.
- Art. 7
- An author whose paper shall be published in the journal of the Society is required to pay a certain printing fee after the journal is published. The fee shall be calculated as follows: for the first six pages, 15 thousand won + for each additional page, 20 thousand won).
- Art. 8
- A paper shall have 20 pull-out copies, and in case there is a demand for more copies, the actual expenses for the extra copies shall be collected.
- Art. 9
- The responsibility for the contents of the printed paper rests on its author.
- Art. 10
- The copyright for the printed paper shall be owned by the Society.
- Art. 11
- As for the writing method of a paper to be submitted to the Society, the relevant authors are required to conform to the separately designated detailed rules for manuscript and paper writing of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society.
- Art. 12
- manuscript preparation is different according to the publication type, including original articles, reviews, case studies, essays, editorials, book reviews, and correspondence. Other type are also negotiable with the Editorial Board.
- *correspondence concerning business matters colud be addressed to journal mangement team, The Korean Hydrogen & New Society 157-6, 101 Dongjak-dareo, Dongjak-gu, Esoul, Korea 156-815 (Tel : 82-2-6677-4753, Fax : 82-2-6672-4753, E-mail : email@example.com)
Detailed Rules on Manuscript and Paper Writing for the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society
- A manuscript to be submitted to the journal of this Society shall be drawn up by referring to the writing samples in the Society website, and should be drawn up in B5 paper and sent via email or homepage(www.hydrogen.or.kr)
- The language used in the paper to be submitted must be Korean or English.
- As for the form of the manuscript, the author is required to format the manuscript, including figures, tables and photos, in two columns per B5 paper using the Hangeul 2007 version or a higher version, in the same way as the papers published in the journal of this Society are formatted. This Society requires a paper length of at least six pages.
The manuscript format shall be as follows.
- (1)Title, name of the author, name of the research institute and address of the research institute or the researcher
- (2) Abstract
- (3) Major technical terms
- (4) Text [Introduction, Experiment (Devices and Method), Results, Considerations, Conclusions, etc.)
- (5) Postscript
- (6) Literature cited
The aforementioned matters are pursuant to each of the following items.
- (1)The title of a paper should be marked for clear conveyance of the manuscript contents in both Korean and English, together with the name of the author, the name of the research institute, and the address (with zip code) of the research institute or the researcher.
- (2)The abstract of a Korean paper should be drawn up in English (less than 150 words), and the abstract of an English paper should be drawn up in Korean (less than 400 letters).
- (3)For the terms to be used in the text, for Korean text, those recommended by the Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development should be used; and for English text, it is advisable to use the terms adopted in the relevant field.
(4)Tables and figures (including photos) shall be drawn up as follows.
- a.Tables and figures should be explained in English captions, and the explanation of figures should be placed below the figure whereas the explanation of tables should be placed above the table. In addition, figures and tables in the text should be marked in Korean.
- b.Each figure and table should be given a serial number (i.e., a Hindu-Arabic number such as “Figure 1” and “Table 1”).
- c.Figures and tables should be numbered with SI units.
- d.Long words in all tables should be replaced with acronyms; and at the bottom of the table, the meaning of the used acronym should be given.
- e.The line thickness of a figure and the size of phrases inserted in the figure should be drawn up legibly on the paper, and photos should be identical with their originals.
- (5)Cited bibliography should be marked on the right side of the phrase in the text in superscript (e.g., corresponding to the research result 1).
(6)The bibliography should be marked as follows.
- a.In case the bibliography refers to an academic journal, it should be marked with the following information, in this order: the researcher’s name, the paper title and the name of the academic journal and its volume, issue number, year and page (e.g., S.S. Han, S.S. Doo and S.S. Se, “The Effect of Hydrogen Energy on Human Life,” Trans. of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2002, p. 15).
- b.In case the bibliography refers to a single book, it should be marked as follows: the author’s name, the book title and the number of its published editions and its volume (if it has more than one volume), publisher’s name, press name, publication year and page (e.g., S.S. Han and S.S. Doo, “Hydrogen Energy and Human Life,” Korean Hydrogen Press, Korea, 2002, pp. 105-203).
When the Society journal requests paper submissions, brief information should be entered in submissions such as the lead author’s address, telephone number, fax number, email, organization and position, and the number of pull-down copies of the submitted paper. In case the paper to be submitted had been presented at a Society-hosted academic conference, the date of its presentation should be indicated.
Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society Paper Examination Regulations
- Art. 1
- This regulation shall be applied to the journal published by the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society titled Journal of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society (brief message included).
- Art. 2
- The examination of research paper submissions for the journal shall be supervised by the chairman of the Editorial Committee.
- Art. 3
- The chairman of the Editorial Committee shall appoint three or more persons as paper examiners, based on his/her judgment of their suitability to examine the submitted papers. The names of the paper examiners and authors shall not be disclosed.
Nevertheless, the name of the paper examiner in charge of a paper that has been accepted for publication in the journal can be disclosed.
- Art. 4
- The Society shall appoint the editorial executive director or any of the editorial committee members as a paper examiner. In case the Society judges that there are no appropriate paper examiners, it can select them from among its members or specialists.
- Art. 5
- The paper examiners and authors can exchange views on a paper with the intervention of the chairman of the Editorial Committee.
- Art. 6
- A paper can be published only after it is unanimously given the individual “Acceptable for Printing” verdict of two or more examiners. In case the examiners’ verdicts are not unanimous, the chairman of the Editorial Committee shall give his/her judgment by appointing a third paper examiner only once.
- Art. 7
- The paper examiners’“Unacceptable for Printing” verdict should be accompanied by a suitable explanation of the reason for such verdict.
- Art. 8
- Paper examiners can request modifications of some papers besides those that have been adjudged “unacceptable for printing.”
- Art. 9
- For examined papers, the Society shall decide on which volume and issue of the Society journal they will be published in after they are finally approved by the Editorial Committee. For papers adjudged “Acceptable for Printing,” the Society can already issue its confirmation of their publication in its journal.
- Art. 10
- The Society can pay its paper examiners a fixed examination fee.
Information on the Subscription to the Journal of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society
- Society-published Collection of Dissertations
The collection of dissertations of the Korean Hydrogen & New Energy Society presents only complete original papers in all hydrogen and new energy fields that have passed a fair examination process.
1) Publication cycle: Publication on the first day of every even-numbered month for six times in a year
- Subscriptions to Papers
- Only Society members can subscribe to the collection of dissertations of the Society.
- Annual Subscription Fees for Papers
The Society collects the following subscription fees for its collection of dissertations from its members.
- 1) Regular members and student members: 40 thousand won
- 2) Lifetime members: No fee
- Information on Payment of Subscription Fees
- 1) The subscription fees must be paid at the time of registration of a Society member.
- 2) The payment must be deposited to the Society’s bank account.
Transfer of Copyright Agreement
Transactions of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society
- 상기 논문의 저자(들)은 한국수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집에 본 논문이 게재되기를 희망하며 아래의 사항들에 대하여 동의합니다.
- •본 논문은 실제적일 뿐 만 아니라 지적인 공헌을 하였으며, 저자(들)는 논문의 내용에 대하여 책임을 부담합니다.
- •본 논문은 창의적이며 다른 분(들)의 논문에 대한 저작권을 침해하지 않았음을 확인합니다.
- •본 논문은 과거에 출판된 적이 없으며, 한국수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집에 게재된 후 다른 학술지에 재 게재되는 경우에는 한국수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집 편집위원회의 허가를 얻겠습니다.
- •본 논문이 한국 수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집에 게재될 경우라도, 논문에 대한 저작권은 저자(들)에게 귀속합니다. 단 학회는 논문(집)의 판매권 및 전송권 등의 권리를 갖습니다.
- •한국수소 및 신에너지학회 논문집 편집위원장은 저자(들)가 한국수소 및 신에너지학회의 허락 없이 타인 또는 제 3자로 인한 저작권 침해를 하였을 경우에 대하여 이의를 제기할 권리가 있습니다.
- •이상의 건에 대하여 주저자 및 교신저자는 공동저자들의 저작권에 대한 모든 권한을 위임 받아 대표로 서명합니다.
- The author(s) of this paper agrees to contents below.
- •This Paper contributed intellectually and the author(s) is responsible for the paper.
- •This paper is the author's original work and does not infringe upon the copyright.
- •This paper has not been published before. And the author(s) needs permission from Editorial Board to republish on other journals.
- •The author(s) has copyright of this paper that published in Trans. KHNES. But, the KHNES has right of sales, transmission, etc.
- •Editor-in-Chief has right to take exception to the infringement of copyright.
- •First author and Corresponding author who are delegated full authority of co-author's copyright sign as representative.
Date : ______________________
||Company or Institution
- Submitted manuscript must be written using Hanword program.
- The manuscript must be composed in accordance with the style specified at the Template.
- The name of author must be presented in both Korean and English. English name must be full name and written in the order of first name and sur name.
- The name of author and affiliation must be matched, and the affiliation should include the department.
- In case of the manuscript with multiple authors, the name of the primary author should come first and be followed by co-authors in accordance with the contributions.
- The corresponding author should be identified by adding a super scriptive dagger † on the name, and e-mail address should be given on the first page at the bottom.
- Abstract should be written in 150 words.
- 5~6 Key words should be provided written in both Korean and English With the Korean in parenthesis.
- Arrange the manuscript in the following order : Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, Acknowledgement and References.
- Write captions of tables, figures and photographs only in English with just the first letter of the first word capitalized.
- The serial number of the section titles should not be missing.
- Figures, tables, photographs and equations should not be missing.
- SI unit must be used, and symbols and units should be well defined and consistent throughout the manuscript.
- The manuscript must comply with the "Research Publication Ethics Regulations of the Korean Hydrogen and New Energy Society".
- All references must be written only in English according to "By laws for Writing Drafts and Papers" of the Korean Society